What is a Jumbo Loan?
Each year, the Federal Housing Financing Agency (FHFA) sets limits on conventional conforming mortgage loans. The limit is largely the same across the country, though some countries with higher real estate prices have higher loan limits. Homebuyers who wish to borrow more than the conforming loan limit will need a Jumbo loan. Jumbo loans are available with a variety of terms and fixed or adjustable interest rates.
Jumbo loans are available for primary residence, second homes and vacation homes.
Jumbo loans exceed the maximum loan amounts established by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac conventional loan limits. Rates on jumbo loans are typically higher than conforming loans and are typically used to buy more expensive homes and high-end custom construction homes, and usually require a higher down payment than traditional loans.
|Number of Units||Maximum original principal balance||Alaska, Guam, Hawaii, and U.S. Virgin Islands only|
Key Features of a Jumbo Loan
- Competitive jumbo mortgage rates
- Variety of terms
- Local processing
- Competitive rates for non-conforming home loans
- Available for primary residence, second homes, vacation homes
- A wide range of terms customized to your unique situation
- Helpful loan advisors with working knowledge of the local real estate market
- Take an early step and get prequalified to provide an estimate of what you might be able to borrow for your new home
- No pre-payment penalty
- Local decision-making and processing in Central Oklahoma
- Personalized service from lenders you can trust